Thursday, May 22, 2008

Be Extraordinary

I had forgotten to post this. Oops. It's my Grey's blog. I didn't have time to read it over, but here it is if you were looking for it.

She was an extraordinary woman, Ellis. Meredith was too busy in her shadow to notice she was better. It's funny how that works out, you live your life so much in fear of others you sometimes forget if you step outside all your worry, your guilt, your inferiority complex and you realize..."I'm just me." And that's just great. I heard a quote the other day that's been ringing in my ear. "Don't try to be a mediocre version of someone else, try to be a an [extraordinary] version of yourself." Meredith had finally found that out for herself. We've seen her from the beginning struggle with issues from both parents. All those issues manifested themselves in her friendships, her work, and especially her love life. She really had a "drown my sorrows," type attitude. Except when she tried water instead of tequila she almost ended it for good. I love the development of her relationship with Cristina. Cristina's really been her anchor and vice versa. Lines like..."Are you in the dark place?" and "Do you want to dance it out?" just remind me of my own weird idiosyncrasies I've developed with friends over the years. Grey's has a natural quality of relating to the human spirit.

But you really came to hear me gush about how happy I am about Meredith and Derek, didn't you? Well...I'm not going to do it. Damn well should have happened by now though. I would have been royally pissed had they not gotten back together. Derek's still so honorable and Meredith is still so extraordinary. She helped him save a life that could potentially lead to more life saving. Well not for the Soldier, the Woman with the Cinderella story or the guy with the Bear attack...but they hopefully have it right now. Besides, I'm sort of over the Meredith and Derek cliff-hanger. They are just going to have to sink into the Happy-Ever-After background and be pillars of the relationship committee. It's going to be work, like everything else in life. But at the end of the day Derek says she can expect him to be there. And weather or not he tries to be, he ends up there. If a wife didn't hold him back, I don't know what made him think that a girlfriend was going to stand a chance. I love that Rose bowed out so gracefully. She didn't miss a beat. I adore her now. Her and Sloan are going to have sex. She deserves a treat. I believe she might be the thing to change him. And HOW awkward would that be between Derek and Mark. I can just see Derek in the elevator all smug, "You just can't resist my leftovers. It's kind sick." Mark: "Come on Derek, Rose is a nice girl. I am trying to change." Derek:"Woman Mark, she's a decent woman. And that means she's all wrong for you." But who knows. I secretly just want Rose to stick around in any capacity. She's genuine I believe and it would make for so much fun. I love especially that Derek kept his honor about him and told her before he did anything serious with Meredith. He really is McDreamy, it's not just the hair. I'm taking notes. I hope to be a McSomething some day.

And how much did you love their patient? She's a very pretty young actress by the name of Jurnee Smollet. You might have seen her in Eve's Bayou, Full House, and maybe even E.R. She hasn't done anything breakout yet, but I think there's potential for her now that she's a bit older. Kinda sucks her boyfriend died. But it was helpful that his death wasn't in vain and they learned something that helped save her.

Yang's got her Mojo Back

Yang's going to be dating soon, and I can't wait to see the comedic situations that will stem from her nervousness about getting back into the dating arena. It's been a tough time at work, so a relationship was the last thing she needed this season. I think she's fully healed from Burke. The sexual history speech was what we needed to hear from her so we could see how she's dealing with being in the exact same place, yet without Burke and without cardio-thoracic surgery. I'm glad the Chief finally put his foot down on Hahn. She seemed to be angry that Yang always had relationships with her mentors. But I just think that Hahn was scared that Yang was secretly better than her, or could easily become that way. She did study under the Doctor who won the Harper Avery.

The Vagina Monologues
Too weird for words. Callie, being a husky girl always gave me a little bit of a lesbian vibe. But like her sexual history gave no indication she wanted to test the waters on the other side. They've sort of eased into it, but I guess it's like when she said that they've been in school so long they're socially awkward and retarded. So maybe this is the equivalent of her experimental College years? Loved the naughty look on Mark's face when Hahn and Callie kissed. Classic expression. Not as good as good as the hotel room one with Addison, you know with the towel and the steam? But good none the less. A good Grey Moment.

Alex...is a Hott Mess.
Need I say more? He's not the under dog, but he sure as hell carries a lot of crap on his shoulders. And he likes to think he can just keep packing more on. But he can't. He should have never gotten with a patient in the first place. Ava/Rebecca has a huge forehead. But it's nice to know she has a medical reason for being so out of control. How unsexy was it when she pissed her pants on the couch? At least she wasn't just a liar. At least she really believed she lost that baby and wasn't just playing possum with our emotions. She needs a haircut...she's lookin' a hott mess also. I like that Izzy cared enough to be there for him. I like that she finally stepped up as a doctor. She's been breaking rules since day one and it's about time she did something hard, and did it right.

By One Point?
I knew there was some catch with George. I kept thinking the test was wrong or something, but to fail by one point? I know people who have been in that situation with the Grammar exam we take at FIU. It sucks. I passed first time... don't mean to toot my own horn...but well...toot toot. But had I failed by one point I might have lost my mind. I love how Lexi says she has a photographic memory. They say that it doesn't exist. But I think it does...I like to think some people have extraordinary gifts. Some people have great voices, faces, bodies, talent...why not memory? I like the possibilities in life. It means we don't have to accept that science is all there is. I'm a Romantic Realist. Believe in the impossible, but not the insane. Like testing you can fly by jumping off a sky scraper? Insane. Maybe trying it out every day for a year on a small, safer scale...might be a little more practical. And if it can't be done...maybe it just wasn't your year. Try again when you're 80. I'm a little out there...I been reading this creativity book. It's called, "A whack on the side of the head." I totally recommend it. It's informational and fun to read. So let's see if Georgie gets his wings. But if he and Lexi are drinking...I hope he doesn't do his rendition of Sexy Back that Yang referred to.

Bailey...is back. She's seen the big picture. God love her. The world will make sense again.

The chief is back at home.

Let's take a mental picture of the near perfection that was the end of this season...and see what develops next season. I'm sure they'll be old flames and new fires to put out. But as long as Derek and Meredith get it right I am happy. A lot of people get to fall in love and get married. But few go through the whirlwind story that took us four seasons to reconcile the personal issues on both sides. When you have the great love story...you have to fight for it. When the people are essentially good, the timing is just right...the universe will lend a hand.

So be extraordinary...Go out into the summer and love harder, live harder, and come back ready with new ideas to improve on the old idea of what love means to you.

No comments: