Monday, May 19, 2008

You know you love me XOXO...GG's Finale

So how much did you love the ending of Gossip Girl?

For those of you who don't know, Gossip Girl is this Cruel Intentions/O.C. hybrid that the CW put into play this season. While it is only on its first season I see a whole lot of potential.

Why the OC just had to die.
I think the main downfall of the OC was having Mischa Barton as the lead. While we loved how Marissa could never get it together, Mischa seem to resonate that on-set and finally they had to just kill her off. I would have done it too. But I would have got someone hotter than her little sister and then Taylor to replace her. They could have gone so many different ways with that show. I really loved the dynamic between the characters. Sandy Cohen was the coolest dad ever on TV. He surfed for God's sake. There are a lot of offbeat things I miss about the show but I realized it really did start to get crappy. They had this weird thing with Chris Brown for a while and then I just got lost. Taylor just couldn't carry the lead role the way Mischa did. She was pretty enough, but her character was just not as well developed as the rest of the cast.

Chuck Basstard
Just when you think the Basstard has changed, he turns around and reverts to his old way. Thankfully he hadn't been with Blair long enough for it to even matter. It seems she may have a new beau waiting in the wings as we speak. Let's hope she has a good time in Tuscany.

I thought about it being really cute for a second that Double Trouble had finally bonded emotionally, but I knew it wouldn't last. They didn't even wait till the summer was over to prove me right. It was one week of dating and then bam, Chuck was back to his old bastard ways. His father should never give motivational speeches like that. He scared Chuck out of being a decent human being.

Serena and Nate
Who are you kidding? We were all just waiting for this story line to come full circle. Nate and Blair were a cute couple...but Nate and Serena are hotter. I feel like Serena is automatically dumpy and frowny when she's with Dan. Blondes do have more fun, and they have even more together. Man-bangs and Goldielox should have a pretty steamy summer. P.S. Serena needs to take some more acting lessons over the summer. That crying scene with Blair was pitiful a couple episodes back. Her face looked puffy too or was it just me? I loved what Blair said about being sisters and what's you is me. It was right on target. Good friendships are just like that. Even they have a twisted history it doesn't ruin the sentiment for me.

Georgina Sparks
She finally got what was coming to her. It was kind of too easy. But I loved all the great exposure that Michelle Trachtenberg got. She's a pretty good actress and I think she'd just been waiting for her chance to jump back into something more mainstream and popular. Hopefully they'll create a show for her or something. She really grew on me when she became Buffy's kid sister. I heart Dawn. She's really sweet, even thought they had her play a bitch. And as Blair reminded her, there's only room enough for one crazy bitch in town. But in NY...you're only queen of the mountain for so long.

Jenny's Humps
Jenny...is interning for Blair's mom...Interesting development. Could this help her get back at Blair? Will this open all the doors that Jenny's been desperately trying to break down? Who knows...time will tell.

Rufus and Lily
I won't even talk about what a lame cop-out that was. They just shake hands and go about their business like they didn't just have sex the night before her wedding. She's of course going to cheat on her new husband some more... The question is... What will he do in retaliation? Bass senior doesn't look strike me as the forgiving type. '

Last but not least...Dan and Vanessa
If that isn't the most cutest emo indie couple I've ever seen in my life. IDK what is. I want Dan to grow his hair out. He looks way cooler with long hair. It would give him some more street cred. I love how Vanessa's so secure with who she is in the face of all that fortune. That's the way New Yorkers are. They can go from a Ballroom to the Ghetto and still not lose their nerve. If she got nothing else from Nate she at least got a booty call and an SAT score. Get it V. They're gonna make little indie babies. They're gonna make art all night long. And what a cop out...Dan should have slept with Georgina. It wouldn't have mattered because they were really on a break. Damn upstanding gentleman. But it makes me like Dan so much more for being so damn honorable.

Well Gossip Girlers, did I just say that? I mean fans of G.G. I'll see you at the season premiere.

You know you love me. XOXO
Doc. McV

No comments: